Days 3-4. Izhevsk – Yekaterinburg – Tyumen, approx 1150 km
Here's the map: https://goo.gl/maps/5yTBYGWVUf92
, though Google doesn't show the entire route correctly since it is not aware of some roads that are present there))))
What bright and positive days! But let's start from the beginning. Having departed from Izhevsk, my first stop was in Votkinsk, in the museum of Tchaikovsky. Then, the town of Tchaikovsky, Electric plant on the river Kama, here is located the Museum of the Old Believer peasant. From then I went to Elovo and then to Osa. Each village features a few very beautiful churches, all of them made with red bricks, some local museums, fantastic nature, interesting roads - both dirt roads and proper asphalt. Asphalt is rather good, no traffic and a beautiful nature. Traveling those roads bring a true pleasure.
By lunchtime I reached Kungur and managed to visit the pearl of Perm Region, Kungur Icy Cave. Then riding on the highway, got some negative experience from never ending torrent of trucks, constantly passing you, so I got off the highway and went towards Krasnoufimsk, to avoid the federal highway and take a quieter road. The way from Arti to Druzhinino is just a dream come true. Turns, hills, perfect asphalt, just Alps, not less! Of course, no mountains there, but still… I was having the time of my life. At this very instant a guy on BMW S1000RR zoomed by…. those locals!
The last 70 km to Ekaterinburg I wanted to go via federal highway, but it was not meant to happen. Once I got on the highway, I got stuck in trucks traffic. It feels as if you came back from the Alps and straight into MKAD in Moscow. F*ck that! I managed to get off the first exit and went to the smaller roads. Anything to get away from this highway. This way I continued my way towards Ekaterinburg. Can't say I liked the city much. Lots of nervous drivers, everyone seems to be in a rush, bumpy and cracked asphalt roads. In the suburbs trucks won't let you pass, just like in Krasnodar. After a calm and relaxing ride in Tatarstan, Udmurtia and Perm region I did not feel comfortable there. Well, the city itself is quite beautiful, lots of good restaurants and many bikers. Weather +25, good and warm.
The fourth day began with visiting of Ganona pit, a male convent, which was founded in 2000s in honour of assassinated by bolsheviks family of Nikolai II. Let me remind you that they were executed in Ekaterinburg, his majesty and his wife, their five children, their maid and the doctor, and some other people. Their bodies were supposed to be hidden in that pit, poured over with sulfuric acid. What a beautiful convent. I got some souvenirs for friends and family.
From Ganina Pit I went to Irbit. To the left, in Perm region it was raining, but from the side of Tumen the sun was shining. I finally made it to the motorcycle capital of Russia, having encountered a short rain on the way. I hanged out with guy in the Motorhouse, listened to some of the Ural's stories and about some bikes. I was offered to stay for a couple of days, to check out the local surroundings on some retro-bikes with carriages, sleeping in tents, everything to enjoy the nature retrieve, but I simply didn't have time for it. We have to go forward, but someday I will definitely be back. From Irbit to Elan, Gorodishe and then towards Tyumen. Google never even heard of such villages, but I was grateful to have paper maps and Yandex, as well as my support team for suggesting the routes.
I had some smoked chicken for lunch, that I bought in Elan. Had it with some salami right on a bus stop. After yesterday's 1800 rub per dinner in a restaurant, some Ekaterinburg pasty for 100 rub was my dinner today))))) Obviously I won't eat this way all the time, but there is something cool about it. Roads are great, 95% new asphalt, the remaining 5% some patches and some road joints, but on a GS 80-100 it feels comfortable. Once again, the views are magnificent, the phone photos won't do them justice. A professional photo camera with the right exposure would do, to capture those expansive views.
Tumen greeted us with its ideal roads. Everything tidy, well taken care of, clean. Nice region indeed. And Tyumen itself is a cool city, just like Kazan. Everything is just like in Europe. I dropped my stuff at a hotel and went for a walk. Today it's only been 10 hours on the road, a rest day:) Tomorrow, I am on my way to Omsk.